Halloween has to be one of my favorite holidays. It's in the best month of the year, you get candy, and you get to dress in ridiculous costumes (minus the idiots who wear culturally appropriated "costumes" and black face. Those people can actually go to hell.)
But, it is also the best time to watch scary, haunted, freaky, spooky, thriller movies! All month long, at least once a week, I have been watching some of my favorite scary flicks and I wanted to share them with you. It should also be noted that I watch scary movies all the time, literally all year round, they're my fave!
Here is my list of my favorite ones to watch (In no particular order):
- The Shining - I really don't know why I like this movie so much, but every Halloween, I HAVE to watch it. REDRUM!
- The Craft - This is probably where my witch obsession comes from. They were the original Means Girls and the peak 90's fashion! ugh, love!
- The Conjuring - This is a new one to the list. I LOVE THIS MOVIE! They didn't reinvent the wheel with this one and I appreciate that. Pure fear from actual twists and turns not just from hearing the music stop and something popping out from a closet.
- Carrie - The original 1976 version though! This is another one of my all time favorites. It's not very scary now, but I know in 1976 people were probably terrified. I honestly think its a great redemption story. I mean she was bullied. Am I weird? k. bye.
- The Return of the Living Dead - Listen, this movie is phenomenal! It is soo bad that it's good! My brother and I watch this movie at least once a year. You can't be a zombie fanatic without watching this. Keep in mind that this was released in 1985, which makes even better to watch now!
- Addams Family - Both movies, Addams family and Addams family values. Who doesn't love this family?! I love how dark yet loving they are. I watch these every chance I get and they are always on NETFLIX and Amazon Video!
- BEETLEJUICE - My family knows just how much I love this movie. It is probably my favorite movie of all time, next to Dirty Dancing. I remember watching this on VHS and killing it. Legit, killed the damn tape, couldn't even watch it anymore. I don't even know what to write about this because my heart just bursts with joy when I think about this movie. "Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice, Beetlejuice"
- The Exorcist - This is one movie that I am terrified of even though I love watching it. My heart hurts writing this and thinking about it. Geesh. What is even more scary than the film, is what happened during the making of it and after. Read up on it and then watch the movie, scurry.
El orfanato (The Orphanage) - Can I tell you that I had to watch this for Spanish class?! I loved it! This movie is a cross between hella sad, and hella creepy which means perfection.
Insidious - GIRL. I first watched this damn movie in high day with a house full of people and still screamed. I don't know why, but this movie makes me so uncomfortable and it's scurry! Any movie where children are involved with malevolent entities, will always get me. Always.
Honorable mention: The Sixth Sense - I remember watching this movie as a kid with my family one thanksgiving, LOL, I was so scared. I recently revisited it and I am still scared LOL! It's just super eerie and probably the only M. Night Shyamalan movie I like.
This list doesn't included the countless others I watch around this time, but I didn't want to be here forever!
Share some of your faves with me!